The Institute collaborates with the following foreign scientific institutions on the basis of relevant treaties and agreements:
- Institute of Physiology named after Pavlova of the Russian Academy of Sciences in the field of "Physiology of vision and the study of the role of emotionally significant factors in the purposeful action of the organism and in ensuring its adaptive abilities: Sight and Stress";
- Institute of Gerontology of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine in the field "Study of the mechanisms of formation of pathologies of the nervous and cardiovascular systems and aging in the population of Azerbaijan, characterized by a high index of longevity";
- St. Petersburg Institute of Bioregulation and Gerontology of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences in the direction of "Development of the physiological and molecular genetic basis of longevity";
- Joint scientific and scientific-organizational activities in the field of biomedicine with the Medical Centre Hospital of the President's affairs Administration of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Biological faculty of Moscow State University named after Lomonosov on the topic “Disorder by supertoxicants of higher nervous activity in white rats with different phenotypes of the nervous system and the monoaminergic mechanisms of their neurotropic correction”;
- Institute of Physiology of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus on the topic “Experimental modeling of neurogenerative diseases (epilepsy, Alzheimer's disease) and the use of stem cells in the rehabilitation of retinal function”;
- On February 20, 2018, an agreement on mutual scientific and technical cooperation for gerontological research was signed between the Institute and the "Gerontology" Research Medical Center;
- On June 4, 2018, a memorandum of cooperation in the field of health and medical sciences was signed between the Institute and the National Resort Association of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- On December 25, 2018, a joint cooperation agreement was signed between the Institute and Astrakhan State University.
Along with official contracts, the Institute of Physiology also collaborates with the Institute of Higher Nervous Activity and Neurophysiology of the Russian Academy of Sciences, the Institute of Biology of Inland Waters named after Papanin (laboratory of fish ecology), the Institute of Normal Physiology named after Anokhin (laboratory of functional neurochemistry), the Institute of Development Biology named after Koltsov (Laboratory of Comparative Physiology), the Institute of Cell Biophysics, the Institute of Theoretical and Experimental Biophysics, the "Life Research Center" of the Georgian National Academy of Sciences, the Scientific and Clinical Center for Maternity and Health of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Turkmenistan, the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities, with the medical faculty of the Haji-Tepe University of Turkey (Department of Pediatric Neurology), with members of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences.